What the Hippa Privacy Rule does:
1. limits the release of information to the purpose of the disclosure.
HIPPA gives patients the right to examine and obtain a copy of the own health records.
3. It establishes appropriate
safeguards taht health care providers adn others must achieve to protect the privacy of health information
4. It has
created civil and ciminal penalties if a patietns privacy rights are violated.
5. When public responsiblity supports
disclosure of some date it helps to strike a balance to protect public health.
6. For patients it means being able to
make informed choices when seeking care and reimbursement for care based on how personal health information may be used.
Hippa enables patietns to find out how their information is used and about disclosures that have been made.
8. It gives
patients more control over the use and release of their health records.
9. Boundries have been created on the use and
release of health records.
10. This law is set up to protect the patient.